OUR JOURNEY TO ETHIOPIA

...........................................................................................

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wherever You Are...

...my love will find you.

I wanted you more
than you will ever know,
so I sent love to follow
wherever you go.

It's high as you wish it.
It's quick as an elf.
You'll never outgrow it...
it stretches itself!

So climb any mountain...
climb up to the sky!
My love will find you.
My love can fly!

Make a big splash!
Go out on a limb!
My love will find you.
My love can swim!

It never gets lost,
never fades,
never ends...

if you're working...
or playing...
or sitting with friends.

You can dance 'til you're dizzy...
paint 'til you're blue...
There's no place, not one,
that my love can't find you.

And if someday you're lonely,
or someday you're sad,
or you strike out at baseball,
or think you've been bad...

just lift up your face,
feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet boy,
my love is right there.

In the green of the grass...
in the smell of the sea...
in the clouds floating by...
at the top of the tree...
in the sound crickets make
at the end of the day...

"You are loved. You are loved.
You are loved," they all say.

My love is so high,
and so wide and so deep,
it's always right there,
even when you're asleep.

So hold your head high
and don't be afraid
to march to the front
of your own parade.

If you're still my small boy
or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you
is you're never alone.

You are my angel,
my darling, my star...
and my love will find you,
wherever you are.

"Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You"
by Nancy Tillman

This book was given to us today as a gift...there are not enough words to say how blessed and full our hearts are today because of this unexpected gift.

Thinking, praying, hoping and dreaming for a little boy in Ethiopia today, and everyday...thinking about him and what he might be doing right now; praying for peace and strength for him and his family; hoping that his faith and his heart is strong enough and big enough to let us in; and dreaming...dreaming of the plans the Lord has for him. "'For I know the plans that I have for you', declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you for the words that my heart is feeling but didn't know how to say it for a little boy...a world away. If I knew who it was from, I'd give you a hug...and you would know my heart skipped a beat when I read it.

Thank you. And I love you.

Em

2 comments: