OUR JOURNEY TO ETHIOPIA

...........................................................................................

Thursday, November 10, 2011

And Then There Was...

May, 2011...
I thought about skipping over May, but it's not every day that a girl turns 30!!! Yep, that's right... Amy turned the big 3-0! Wow...hmm...well, that's umm...how do I say it...sheesh...ugh...very exciting?! Yes, that's it...E-X-C-I-T-I-N-G! Oh boy, that's right...then so did...I...welllllllll, at least I have some of the BEST girlfriends to celebrate it with! :) So LOVED spending time with some of my favorite friends! And yes, the cake was BeaUtiFuL!!!!!








I know, I know..."Em, get in a picture or two will ya?!"...but cmon, I didn't want anyone feeling left out. Ha.

Only person missing was my other half...Amy, you were missed (just like every other day of my life...but... I think we might've made up for it the next weekend...uhhhh am I right?! I think I remember something about Starbucks, shopping, another Starbucks, movies, possibly yet another Starbucks, mexican food, oh and one last Starbucks...) Now if I only had a pic of us...







June, 2011...

10 years...married and lovin' every minute of it! God had our family planned since the beginning of time and we are incredibly blessed.


"Every word of God is pure: He is as a shield unto them that put their trust in Him...remove far from me vanity and lies; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me; lest I be full, and deny Thee, and say 'Who is the Lord?' or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." Proverbs 30:5,8-9



July, 2011...

Five amazing, godly girls said YES to the Lord and went with Ordinary Hero on a mission trip to Ethiopia. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Rachel's blog is "Love for Orphans" http://rhauter.blogspot.com/.


Ashley's blog is "Stepping Out" http://steppingoutblog.blogspot.com/.


Chris's blog is "Go Where He Sends You" http://gowherehesendsyou.blogspot.com/.


Holli and Lisa also put together a video from their trip...it's inspiring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKMKxBJ__iY&feature=share


"She that findeth her life shall lose it; and she that loseth her life for My sake shall find it...and whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, she shall in no wise lose her reward." Matthew 10: 39,42



OH FINALLY! August, 2011...

Then came the best, sweetest, greatest re-united event of the century...we went to visit Kris, Sara, Ava and Camden in Texas...you'll have to see it for yourself:http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150397180434816



We had such a great time...the kids had their best friends back, Sara and I were in heaven (shopping, talking, decorating, talking, sewing (ok, Sara was sewing), eating, driving looking for a Krispy Kreme, talking some more...ahhhh, soooo FUN!) and the guys, well, spent most of their time at Bass Pro and the shooting range, ha...and then we had to say goodbye (sniff, sniff)...but we CANNOT wait to see you at Christmas!!!!!! The kids are gonna flip! :)



September, 2011...

Of course, there's the PUMPKIN FESTIVAL!!!! Oh my! What a blast!


From seeing the pure excitement on our kids' faces, to the cotton candy and pork chop sandwiches; face painting and the parade; to the infamous Pharoah ride...this year, we were down one of our "usual" girls that sit at the last row (Ava, we needed you) so this year it was Bryce's turn to go with us. I have to say, it wasn't as fear-filled as last year (with Ava screaming bloody murder and Liv yelling "Jesus! Save me!) but it was close. :) Rach, I might be getting too old for this...I actually thought I was going to get sick. Ha! Can't wait for next year!!! :)


Onto October, 2011...

It feels like my nephew Titus was JUST born...how in the world is he ready to turn 1?!?! Do you see those blue eyes...I couldn't wait for my best friend to have a little boy...an d now she knows how it feels to have a mama's boy! (This is only the beginning...ahhhh, I love it! :)


He is so, so sweet! Olivia thought Titus should have been entered into the Pumpkin Festival Baby Contest...he totally would have won! How did Becca NOT enter him?! (I know Liv, I know!) :)



And to end October with an incredible blessing, the fresh/soph girls core group from our church had a fundraiser to benefit four families (us included) from our church that have started the adoption process. They helped raise $1,000 to put towards all of our families' adoptions!!! What an INCREDIBLY HUGE BLESSING...our hearts are touched and eternally grateful! These girls (and their amazing leaders) have helped change the world for one and I'm praying it makes a lasting impression in their hearts forever, too.


"Therefore, my beloved 'sisters' be steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as you know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." I Corinthians 15:58



November is here and I'm thinking there just might be a CRAZY GOOD post comin' up...

3 comments:

  1. We'll never be toooo old to ride the pharoh ride! ha! the next post....hmmmmmmm:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily! I was just blog hopping and found yours. It was fun to read a little about your family. I had heard you were in the process of adopting...How long have you been on the waiting list? We got on the waiting list at the end of July...
    Im happy for you:) Kristi Moody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the update!!! Can't wait for a CRAZY good one!!!! Love and hugs to u and your family!

    ReplyDelete